Monday, June 24, 2013

Cloudy Day in a Cubicle in LA

LA to the Bay


Hey there my fellow blog junkies,

It's Monday afternoon in slightly cloudy LA, a rather rare look for our usually sunny sky. I write to you from a cubicle in an office building where I am an intern AKA the office bitch. It's alright though, a summer job never killed anyone (none that I'm aware of anyway).
Well, as I sit here waiting for someone to summon me over to make a copy or holler at me to fax endless papers of what seems to be mumbo jumbo, I can help but think about my move coming up in two months. Or 62 days rather.
I will be moving from Los Angeles, the city of angels, where I've had everything from my first sip of milk to my first shot of vodka, to Oakland, the city of hobos, a grungy, unfamiliar city where I know, well no one.
Oh and I'm only seventeen.
Why you may ask? The University of California, Berkeley is why.
The school where revolutions are sparked, leaders are born, and liberals are bread. Seems like the perfect place for an aspiring political journalist right?
Lets hope so.
Well this blog will give you all the raw, unfiltered thoughts and experiences of an LA girl finding her way in the Bay.

Over and Out. I have copies to make.

SH

1 comment:

  1. You’ve written nice post, I am gonna bookmark this page, thanks for info. I actually appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here.
    office furniture for sale west palm beach

    ReplyDelete